Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Big Day for the Little Things

I have been catching myself wondering what I am forgetting to do all day long. It has been disconcerting, to say the least. I found myself thinking, "I forgot something," at 11:30, 12:30 and now, again, as 2 p.m. approaches.

I know what they all mean now, but that's just made it harder to get through the day, so I decided to share. I guess I won't unravel just how wound up my world was in my Marcie for a long time to come.

My day used to be:

8 - 11:30 (AM) Work. Tolerate the drudgery and pine for the outdoors and fresh air.
11:30 - 11:45 Call Marcie. Get/Give love. Drudgery dispelled.
12:30 - 1 (PM) Lunch. Pick up something at Henry's, maybe visit home. Always visited home after Marcie was bedridden. Either way, get more love.
2 - 2:15 (PM) Call Marcie. Find out if I need to pick stuff up. Get/Give love.

The little things count very much. Beyond those though is the realization that, like her touch, her smell and the sight of her, I miss her voice, even if I still believe I get to feel the love. :(

0 comments: